Thursday, March 8

Hanging Jewelry Holder

So, I've wanted to make my own hanging jewelry holder for a while. I am a visual person. If I don't see my earrings, I forget to wear them (or worse, I lose them!). I saw this idea and decided to give it a try! If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get fancier mesh like this one here:


Here are the cast of characters:

  • Large FRAME (found at Goodwill for $2 without the glass or anything, perfect!)
  • WIRE MESH (found at a farm & feed store $2.44)
  • a can of SPRAY PAINT (from Fred Meyer $4).


I then hot-glued the wire mesh to the frame and...
Voila! Hanging Jewelry holder!



P.S. I'm thinking of putting a fabric background behind the mesh. What do you think?
After painting, I sanded the edges to ruff up the frame a little bit. It gave it an antique feel.
I lightly sanded the frame and then spray painted the frame and the wire mesh to match. ***NOTE: We have no garage, so I painted it in the field next to our apartment. I hope no one notices the paint on the grass!***
{Sassy Sarah}

No comments:

Post a Comment