Saturday, March 3

Addicted to Headbands!

I'm addicted to making headbands. Okay, there I've said it. I guess while I'm admitting my secrets, I'll also admit that I'm addicted to starting/finishing up household do-it-yourself (DIY) projects.

The headband ideas started a while back. I'm getting SICK AND TIRED of dealing with how long my hair is getting. I'm growing it out again for Locks of Love. I want my hair out of my face, but I haven't found headbands worth buying. So, I decided to make them!

Here are some of the headbands I've made. I won't post my own tutorials, because the blogs I got the headband ideas from already posted such great ones: Tie headband, Raw Edge Headband with Flower, Basic Headband.



My nieces BEGGED me to make them tie headbands when they saw mine. We found a pink tie for $2 and I went to sewing. This project was SUPER easy, but I realized it was harder to sew with silk than with the polyester tie. One step I added was to cut out 1/2 inch of the "insides" of the tie before I sewed a 1/4 inch seam. That way, it wasn't so thick to sew. I also HAD TO USE pins to pin down the silk tie. To make the flowers for the silk tie, I cut the remaining part of the tie into a circle. I did a basic stitch along the edge of the circle. I gathered it and then tied off the thread. I hot-glued a button down in the center of the flower and hot-glued the flower onto the tie. SO EASY and SO adorable!



{Sassy Sarah}

No comments:

Post a Comment